The Prepar3D v5.2 Hotfix 1 (126.96.36.199615) is now available and can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
The Prepar3D v5.2 Hotfix 1 contains resolutions for high priority issues identified after the Prepar3D v5.2 release.
Only the Client installer is required for the majority of fixes present in Prepar3D v5.2 Hotfix 1. Therefore, the Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. Each fix listed below is categorized per installer. Please note, you must first have Prepar3D v5 installed to utilize any of the standalone installers (Client, Content, and Scenery). The Prepar3D v5.2 Hotfix 1 update may require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v5 Download and Installation Directions.
The newly posted Prepar3D v5.2 (188.8.131.52615) Full Download on the Purchased Downloads page includes Hotfix 1.
If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons. If running this is not possible due to add-on configurations then removing the VolumetricClouds.cfg in the “%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5” is strongly recommended due to changes to cloud appearances made in the hotfix.
Please be aware that some third party developers may have to update their add-ons to be compatible with this hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Added configuration option to use HTML5 Menu and Information Text, defaulted to off.
- Fixed issue preventing views from rendering on Intel graphics cards in some cases.
- Fixed performance issue with multiple views when using vsync.
- Updated default cloud visuals. Requires running the “Delete Generated Files” script in the Prepar3D installation directory or manual removal of the VolumetricClouds.cfg file located @ “%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5” directory after updating.
- Improved performance of autogen building and scenery objects.
- Fixed crash on AMD cards with particle shadows enabled.
- Fixed issues with HTML5 Menus and Information Text causing black screens and stutters when opening.
- Fixed issue where changing Volumetric Cloud settings would not update graphics profile name in settings.
- Screen is now blacked out when crashing.
- Fixed issue with multi-UV PBR materials not working properly in some cases.
- Prevent Developer Menu from being dragged offscreen when docked.
- The alt key now opens and closes the VR menu similar to the standard menu bar.
- Fixed crash that could occur when moving views across displays on different graphics cards.
- Fixed issue where menu bar could remain hidden after loading scenarios in some cases.
- Fixed issue where Weather UI was not correctly showing negative values for visibility layers.
- Performance and stability improvements for Oculus VR headsets.
- Fixed issue where weather changes made through the UI would interpolate instead of instantly applying in some cases.
Scenery Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed missing PPL_Construction1_LM texture.
SDK Fixes and Improvements
- Added PDK function to IMultiplayerService to set transmit and receive frequencies for voice transmission.
Thanks again for your support!